“There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.” ― Charles Morgan
It came as a pleasant surprise a couple of days back when Shira of In Pursuit of More, a blogger, writer and founder of a new non-profit organization called Not So Fast, nominated Just Homemade for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Just goes to prove that Love can come from anywhere.. Thank you sweet Shira!
The award rules for those about to be nominated are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that you enjoy.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated!
And now, It’s time to show some link love:
15 bloggers who inspire me , those I adore or fantastic new (to me) blogs are:
YOU’RE IT! Ladies..
Pure Vegetarian by Lakshmi – Pure, Pristine vegetarian food coupled with ethereal photography transporting you to another world
India Simmer by Prerna – Indian food made approachable for everyone with eye candy photography She has an Indian food event IndianFoodPalooza going on from 1 Mar – 31 Mar 2012. Join the fun!
Tongue Ticklers by Harini – Delcious and satiating Vegetarian and Vegan food with vivid photography
Love Food Eat by Chinmayie – Simple yet yummy home style local vegetarian food from South India
6 Bittersweets by Xialou – Baking and food DIY, especially macaroons
Passionate about Baking by Deeba Rajpal – As the name suggests, a blog dedicated for baking, drool worthy!
Veggie Belly by Sala Kannan – Vegetarian and vegan food with bright natural light photos
Spice Foodie by Nancy – Fresh and delicious food from an Mexican expat
eCurry by Soma Rathore – Indian food, more than just a curry, soulful writing and rustic photography
Journey Kitchen by Kulsum – Lovely food (includes Bohra Cuisine) and even better photography
Peppercorns in my Pocket by Pia Ghosh – Fresh poetic writing
That wasn’t easy to just put down 15, there are many many more wonderful blogs out there that I check out if not frequently…Now for the difficult part,
And for my 7 random things:
- I was born and raised in Mysore, the royal city of Mysore palace and the renowned Dasara Festival
- I can speak 5 languages which includes four Indian (three South Indian)
- I can read and write in Sanskrit and speak a little too (forgotten mostly). I studied Sanskrit for 5 years in school and college.
- I have a special affinity for bitter foods like bitter gourd, fenugreek etc
- I never knew swimming until last summer
- I don’t like to mix sweet and hot foods. In general, I try to avoid any two food items touching on my plate when served (Weird! Hmm.. now I know where my little girl gets the picky palate after all!)
- I absolutely love “FRIENDS” television show. In fact, I own their whole series in DVD and even quote scenes sometimes in conversations (god help those who didn’t watch!). And most often, my OCD for cleanliness and orderliness comes close to Monica’s!