I am super excited and equally honored to announce that I am hosting DMBLGiT for the month of May.
One of my favorite photography contests that I have also been participating in ever since I discovered, DMBLGiT is a great platform for bloggers, veterans and amateurs alike to showcase their talent in photography. Co-incidentally, it was exactly the same month last year, when Prerna of Indian Simmer hosted it, that I won my first “Good looking badge”.
If you are unfamiliar, Does My Blog Look Good In This? (DMBLGIT) is a monthly food photography event conceptualized and started by Andrew of Spitoon Extra way back in 2005 and is still going strong. Hosted by a different blogger each month, it is open to any or all bloggers who have posted a food related photograph.
The rules of this contest are simple and finite ~ Enter your photograph before the deadline and a panel of hugely talented and accomplished judges that I was privileged to choose (who will be revealed later this month), will review the submissions and select the winners for several categories. Winners will receive the prestigious “Good Looking Blog” badges to display on their site.
- Only one entry per person (a single food/drink photograph, no diptychs or collages)
- The photograph must have been taken by you
- The photograph must have appeared on your blog during the month of April 2012.
- Entries must be received by midnight of May 20, 2012, whenever that is in your part of the world
Photographs will be scored by the panel of awesome judges and a total of Six winners will be chosen.
Three overall winners with the highest point totals in all three categories combined and one winner in each of the three individual categories:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
To enter the contest:
Email your entry to justhomemade [at] yahoo [dot] com with subject as DMBLGIT and the following details:
- Your name
- Your blog’s name and URL
- Title of the photograph
- URL of the post containing the photograph
- Camera and lens used
- Your location ~ optional
- An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo in jpeg format, of no more than 500 pixels in width. Photographs must be text/watermark free.
* Please note that by submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being re-displayed and altered in size on the host’s page, the below linked picasa album and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
All participating entries will appear on the DMBLGiT May 2012 picasa album, which will be updated as and when I receive them.
If you do not receive my acknowledgement or don’t see your photograph posted within 72 hours, please leave me a comment on this post and I will revert. Keep checking the album to be updated with the wonderful entries!
Check out last month’s beautiful entries and winners at the lovely Wendy’s La Phemme Phoodie blog
How to host DMBLGiT?
If you are interested in hosting a future edition of DMBLGIT, send an email to Andrew with “DMBLGIT Host” as the subject line.
Slots are open from July 2012 onwards.
Come on people! We need more voluntary participation, so all of us can enjoy this great contest for a long time to come. I’m hoping you will!
Please feel free to contact me or leave me a comment if you have any questions about the contest.
Winners will be announced on June 1, 2012.
What are you waiting for? Start sending in your entries and spread the word.
Remember, last date to submit is May 20, 2012.
Look forward to your gorgeous entries.
Good luck everyone!